Skip to main content
An Emergency Withdrawal (W*) can be requested if you are forced to leave the College during a semester due to reasons beyond your control.
Acceptable circumstances for an Emergency Withdrawal:
- A severe medical or emotional condition or
- A serious family emergency, etc.
- You must be able to provide clear and complete documentation of the situation from a qualified professional such as a doctor or psychological counselor.
You should know:
- If you completed a substantial portion of the semester, your instructors may be contacted to inquire whether at the time you last attended it was still possible for you to pass the course.
- If you receive W*s for all of your courses, your academic standing will be carried forward from the previous semester. Receiving W*s does not absolve you of financial liability to the College.
To apply for an Emergency Withdrawal:
- Complete an Emergency Withdrawal application form
- Specify your emergency circumstances
- Supply written documentation from a qualified professional such as a doctor or psychological counselor to support your request