SUNY Potsdam wants you to hit the ground running in your first semester and graduate on time!
We’ve created the ACE Program to help you start strong, get connected with essential resources and opportunities, and support you on your way to graduation.
What is ACE?
Advancing Completion through Engagement (ACE) is a comprehensive support program designed to help students complete their bachelor's degree in four years.
The program is based on the principles of the CUNY Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) model which assists students with earning degrees by providing a range of financial, academic, and personal supports including intensive academic advisement, career counseling, and tuition assistance as well as funding for textbooks and other expenses.
Space in the program is very limited, so please read on and apply today!
- Cost of Attendance award (covers tuition/fees not covered by Pell and TAP grants)
- Textbook Stipend (up to $300/year)
- Monthly Stipend awarded for active ACE participation (up to $400/year)
- Your own personal ACE Advisor
- Winter/Summer course tuition scholarships
- Summer program and extended orientation experience
- Priority registration for classes
- On-time graduation*
*An extra year of study can cost you more than $55,000 in tuition, fees, and lost wages (based on a full-time job at $15/hour)
ACE serves first-time, first-year students* who meet the following criteria:
- Be eligible for in-state tuition
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (NYS DREAM Act students also eligible)
- Enrolled full-time
- Receiving Pell Grant as part of their financial aid package
- Completed their annual FAFSA and TAP applications
*Students admitted through the Bridges or Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) are not eligible for ACE. Both programs offer a similar set of financial and program supports to their students.
- In order to accept your SUNY Potsdam offer of admission and secure your spot, please complete your Intent to Enroll Form found in your student status portal and submit the required enrollment deposit as soon as possible.
- If you have not already applied for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program application. This step must be completed as soon as possible to be eligible for ACE. *
- Complete all enrollment steps as listed on the New Student Checklist.
- Attend an ACE Info Session to learn about ACE and complete a program commitment agreement. Info sessions will begin in March 2024 for students entering in Fall 2024.
*All students (except those who are unable to apply due to immigration status) must complete both FAFSA and TAP applications. We encourage those who do not meet eligibility requirements for federal and state aid to check eligibility and apply for funds through the New York State Dream Act.
- Register for the ACE Seminar in your first semester (for those entering Fall 2024)
- Meet with your ACE Advisor at least once per month
- Participate in all academic support activities, such as workshops, weekly math study group sessions and writing workshops throughout the semester as needed
- Maintain full-time status, taking at least 15 credits hours during the semester
- Respond to all communications from ACE staff
- Complete all career development activities in the ACE Career Development Plan
- Enroll in courses during the summer term if 30 credits are not earned by the end of academic year
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application at www.hesc.ny.gov each year and accept any federal and state grant aid awarded (Pell, SEOG, TAP)
- Commit to graduating within four years by following a four-year academic advisement plan approved by your ACE academic advisor
131 Sisson Hall
Phone: (315) 267-2520
Note: Potsdam's Advancing Completion through Engagement (ACE) program is part of the SUNY replication of the City University of New York (CUNY) Accelerate Complete and Engage (ACE) program.