The SUNY Potsdam Graduate Scholarship for International Students is designed to provide support to international students intending to pursue full time graduate study at SUNY Potsdam. To determine your scholarship award, the committee will consider your application, official academic transcript and essay.
Am I eligible?
You must be an international student applying to SUNY Potsdam for matriculation into a graduate program for the summer, fall or spring semester, with plans to enroll full time (at least 9 credits). Scholarship applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
What do I need to do?
- Submit a scholarship application for the semester you are entering SUNY Potsdam.
- To receive the scholarship you must be accepted to SUNY Potsdam as a matriculated graduate student for the summer, fall or spring semester, and be enrolled as a full-time student.
What about the scholarship application?
Complete Graduate Scholarship Application here.
When is the scholarship application due
Your completed application must be on file with us by the deadline listed below. Applications completed after this date will be reviewed if funding allows. It is the student's responsibility to check if the application is complete.
- Summer 2023 (Semester runs: May-Aug) - Deadline (May 1st)
- Fall 2023 (Semester runs: August/Sept - Dec) - Deadline (Aug 1st)
- Spring 2024 (Semester runs: Jan-May) - Deadline (Jan 1st)
- Scholarship eligibility may be affected by the estimated cost of attendance and by other sources of aid received.
- NCAA Division III regulations prohibit the consideration of athletic ability, participation, leadership or performance in awarding scholarships.
- The Graduate Scholarship for International Students May Not be used in conjunction with the SUNY Potsdam Korean Initiative.