- Complete the Course Audit Application Form (Fillable PDF) within one week of the first class. The Course Audit Application Form must be signed by the instructor and the department chair.
- Email the completed form to Office of Graduate and Continuing Education (email@example.com) within one week of the first class with payment (if applicable).
Terms & Conditions
- Courses are on a space available basis.
- Auditors may not sign up to audit a course before the first day of class.
- Permission may be revoked if a formally registered student wishes to enroll in the course.
- Auditors will not be enrolled in the course and will not be listed on the class roster.
- Auditors will need the instructor to manually add them to their Moodle classroom.
- Auditors do not earn academic credit or any formal recognition.
- Auditors are not required to meet the requirements of the course.
- Instructor is not obligated to evaluate the auditor's work in any way.
- Auditors are subject to all appropriate campus policies and the Student Code of Conduct.
- In addition to the $50.00 Audit Fee, a per-credit-hour technology fee will be charged. Other fees may also be required.
High School Students
- Must be a junior or a senior.
- Must have written permission from their principal or guidance counselor.
- Will follow the Process and Terms & Conditions listed above.
$50 per course
The following are exempted from the Audit Fee (auditors are responsible for the technology fee or other course fees):
- Current SUNY Potsdam Students
- SUNY Potsdam Faculty
- SUNY Potsdam Staff
- SUNY Potsdam Alumni
- Immediate family members of SUNY Potsdam faculty and staff
- Senior Citizens (over the age of 60)
For Course Auditing questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 267-2369.