- Complete the Course Audit Application Form (Fillable PDF) within one week of the first class. The Course Audit Application Form must be signed by the instructor and the department chair.
Mail the completed form to Office of Graduate and Continuing Education within one week of the first class with payment (if applicable).
44 Pierrepont Avenue
Office of Graduate & Continuing Education - Raymond 206
Potsdam, NY 13676
Terms & Conditions
- Courses are on a space available basis.
- Auditors may not sign up to audit a course before the first day of class.
- Permission may be revoked if a formally registered student wishes to enroll in the course.
- Auditors will not be enrolled in the course and will not be listed on the class roster.
- Auditors will need the instructor to manually add them to their Moodle classroom.
- Auditors do not earn academic credit or any formal recognition.
- Auditors are not required to meet the requirements of the course.
- Instructor is not obligated to evaluate the auditor's work in any way.
- Auditors are subject to all appropriate campus policies and the Student Code of Conduct.
- In addition to the $50.00 Audit Fee, a per-credit-hour technology fee will be charged. Other fees may also be required.
High School Students
- Must be a junior or a senior.
- Must have written permission from their principal or guidance counselor.
- Will follow the Process and Terms & Conditions listed above.
$50 per course
The following are exempted from the Audit Fee (auditors are responsible for the technology fee or other course fees):
- Current SUNY Potsdam Students
- SUNY Potsdam Faculty
- SUNY Potsdam Staff
- SUNY Potsdam Alumni
- Immediate family members of SUNY Potsdam faculty and staff
- Senior Citizens (over the age of 60)
For Course Auditing questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 267-2369.