You are here
Submit a Protocol to the IRB
Notice: All IRB Submisssions after July 31, 2018 MUST be completed using the IRB-PAC. Training Videos for the IRB-OAC can be found HERE.
- Determine what level of review your project will require.
View Levels of Review Flowchart (PDF)
The Office of Human Research Protections publishes a decision chart to help in determining if a project is exempt, expedited, or requires a full board review. You can also consult those charts as a resource to make an initial determination of the level of review of your application. The charts are available online.
- Click HERE to sign on to RF Pre Award Compliance System (PACs)
- Click on the 'Select a campus' drop down menu & click on SUNY Potsdam. You should be taken to the Potsdam sign in page. Enter your SUNY Potsdam email and password.
- In the upper right corner of the home page click 'my inbox' to see the IRB PAC. You can then choose to submit a new protocol.
- You will need to list any co-investigators or student researchers working in the project under “Study Team Members”.
- If your co-investigator is SUNY Potsdam faculty/staff, you will be able to select their name from a drop-down menu.
- If your co-investigator is NOT SUNY Potsdam faculty/staff, you will need to download the “External Team Member Information Form (DOC)” from our website, and upload it to your submission
- If you have student-researchers you must include their names in the “Study Team Members” section of the online application. Please note that students cannot make online submissions, only PIs are able to submit a protocol for review. However, students need to be registered as users in order for the PIs to be able to list their names in the application. Before PIs can add students’ names, each student must open an account. In the online portal, each student must click on “Don’t have a SUNY PACs account” link (click here), and follow instructions to open an account. Once students have registered and have an account, the PI will be able to add them as “student-researcher” in the online application.
- Complete and attach the protocol form and all of the appropriate appendices. View the Forms Webpage to access the required protocol and appendices
- Upload all data collection tools and recruitment materials - survey instruments, interview questions, solicitation letters, flyers, advertisements, letters, emails, press releases, etc...
- Upload all consent form(s) and assent form(s). These forms are available online. Note that the Internet Research Declaimer is also available and must be included in the consent/assent forms for all projects in which data will be collected or sent electronically.
Chair of the IRB
238 Satterle Hall
Proposal Guidance and Help
If you have questions about or need help with the application form or process, contact the IRB Chair at the phone number or email address above.