Campus reminder on inclement weather:
In general, as a residential campus, SUNY Potsdam tries to maintain classes and services as fully operational as possible. When severe weather hits, remember to be prepared and use your best judgment about traveling to or from campus. Keep an eye out for campus alerts via text, email, web posts and social media.
- Take your time: Take extra caution on snowy or icy roads and sidewalks. Give yourself extra time, going slowly on slippery surfaces or in low visibility conditions. Before driving, warm up your car and clear all the snow from your vehicle.
- Trust your judgment: People traveling from off campus should use their best judgment to decide whether it is safe to be on the road.
- Commuter students should consult with their professors, to make arrangements for any absences.
- Employees who choose to stay home must use accruals and check in with their supervisors.
- Faculty members who wish to cancel their own classes due to weather should inform students following the same procedure they use if they are ill.
- Be prepared: Bundle up - layers are best! Don't forget about good winter footwear, hats and gloves or mittens on long walks to and from campus. Make sure your car doesn't get too low on fuel, and always keep an extra snow brush and a blanket in the trunk of your vehicle.
In the event of severe weather, SUNY Potsdam may delay and/or cancel classes. View the Severe Weather Policy at https://www.potsdam.edu/about/safety/weather.