Hello Everyone! We are not far off from April 5th when our Returning Student Housing Process will start. Please read through the information on this page and the associated links.
We offer a variety of different housing options for you to choose from for next year. Listed below are the timeframes to sign up for each option. There is a slightly different process for each housing option. We will email the instructions, post them to this page, and post banners in your residence halls.
Upcoming Processes (available in Adobe PDF format):
Some notes regarding the process:
- No Deposit Required: In previous years, you were required to pay a $50 deposit to sign up for housing; we are no longer asking for this. Please note that there is still a $250 termination fee if you sign the housing license and choose afterward not to live on campus.
- Sign-Up, even if you have a hold: Holds on your account no longer prevent you from signing up for housing.
- Co-Ed Housing Across Campus: With the exception of a few locations on campus, your assigned sex at birth will no longer restrict where you can live or who you can live with—the choice will be yours.
- Please remember, if you are currently a first-year student, you are required to live on campus for 4 consecutive semesters.
- Housing for 2021-2022 Academic Year:
- Gender Inclusive Housing: located in Bowman East, Gender Inclusive Housing is a living option for members of the LGBTQIA+ community and their allies to foster a strong community connection
- Music Friendly Housing: located in Knowles North, Music Friendly Housing will provide close proximity to Crane, the PAC, and practice rooms located in Knowles South
- Pet Friendly Housing: located in Bowman East, Pet Friendly Housing allows you to bring your furry friend to campus with you. Restrictions apply. Animal must be approved in advance.
- Van Housen Singles: We are continuing to house Van Housen as single rooms and provides for a quieter living environment.
- Priority Numbers
- Each student is assigned a housing priority number which is based on the number of credits you have earned and the number of semesters you have lived on campus (note: students who have been COVID released for any or all of the 2020-2021 academic year have still earned housing “credit”). Students who have been here longest will have a low priority number, thus giving them “first” choice on their housing preference.
- For Individual Assignments (Single/Doubles) the selection order is based on the best (lowest) individual priority number.
- For Group Assignments (Townhouse/Apartment/Suite) the awarding order is based on the group average. Those groups with the best (lower) group averages will be awarded first until all spaces are filled.
Do you want to know what the different accommodations look like? We now have quick videos of each space available on campus as part of the returning student housing process, just click below!
- Bowman East & West
- Draime Hall Double Room
- Knowles North Double Room
- Lehman Hall Apartment
- Lehman Hall Standard Double
- Lehman Hall Suite without a bathroom
- Lehman Hall Suite with a bathroom
- Van Housen Hall
View the 2021-2022 Housing License here.
Completed Processes for reference (available in Adobe PDF format):
- Townhouses: April 5 - April 8 at Noon
- Lehman 2 Person Apartments: April 5 - April 8 at Noon
- Single Pre-Approval: April 12 - April 15 at Noon
- Suite Selection: April 19 - April 22 at Noon
- Current Room Selection: April 19 - April 22 at Noon
If you have any questions throughout this process, please speak to your Residence Hall Director, or come over to the Residence Life Office in Draime Hall.