The Returning Student Housing Process has completed.
If you are a returning student who is planning to live on campus in the Fall 2022 semester and do not see a housing assignment in BearPAWs, please email us at email@example.com indicating so. Please include your preferred building, however at this time we can make no guarantees that your preferred building will be available.
--> Past Process Information - This information is presented for reference only. All forms are inactive at this time.
The housing process will start on April 1st and continue through April 27th.
We offer a variety of different housing options for you to choose from for next year. Before deciding where you would like to live, we invite you to learn more about each building. Please pay attention to the timelines and instructions detailed below. We will email more details as each process starts and they will also be posted to the Returning Student Housing website and noted on fliers in your residence halls. Please note that failure to complete the steps on time will most likely result in your missing that opportunity.
Some notes regarding housing for next year:
- Accepting Your Housing License (Your Housing "Lease"). The first step in the housing process will be to go to BearPAWS and accept the housing license. This will be available for students by April 1. Once you accept the housing license on BearPAWS, you have essentially signed a "lease" agreeing to live on campus for the 2022-2023 academic year. Please do not agree until you are certain you are living on campus. Please note that if you apply and are approved to move off campus after accepting the housing license you will be charged a $250 termination fee.
- Sign-Up, even if you have a hold: Even if you have a hold on your account you are able to participate in the housing process
- Co-Ed Housing Across Campus: With the exception of a few locations on campus, your assigned sex at birth will no longer restrict where you can live or who you can live with—the choice will be yours.
- Housing for 2022-2023 Academic Year:
- Gender Inclusive Housing: located in Bowman East, Gender Inclusive Housing is a living option for members of the LGBTQIA+ community and their allies to foster a strong community connection
- Pet Friendly Housing: located on the Ground floor of Bowman East and Bowman West, Pet Friendly Housing allows you to bring your furry friend to campus with you. Restrictions apply. Animal must be approved in advance.
- Van Housen Singles: We are continuing to house Van Housen as single rooms and provides for a quieter living environment.
- Knowles Hall is closed for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
- Priority Numbers
- Each student is assigned a housing priority number which is based on the number of credits you have earned and the number of semesters you have lived on campus/had an approved COVID release. Students who have been here longest will have a low priority number, thus giving them “first” choice on their housing preference.
- For Individual Assignments (Single/Doubles) the selection order is based on the best (lowest) individual priority number.
- For Group Assignments (Townhouse/Apartment/Suite) the awarding order is based on the group average. Those groups with the best (lower) group averages will be awarded first until all spaces are filled.
- Please remember, if you are currently a first-year student, you are required to live on campus for 4 consecutive semesters.
- Townhouses: April 1 - April 7 at 4pm
- Lehman 2 Person Apartments: April 1 - April 7 at 4pm
- Singles Process: April 11 - April 15 at 4pm
- Suite Selection: April 11 - April 15 at 4pm
- Housing Selection Survey (Standard Doubles): April 18 - 27th
If you have any questions throughout this process email or call the Office of Residence Life.
Do you want to know what the different accommodations look like? We now have quick videos of each space available on campus as part of the returning student housing process, just click below!
- Bowman East & West
- Draime Hall Double Room
- Lehman Hall Apartment
- Lehman Hall Standard Double
- Lehman Hall Suite with a bathroom
- Van Housen Hall
View the 2022-2023 Housing License here.
If you have any questions throughout this process, please speak to your Residence Hall Director, or come over to the Residence Life Office in Draime Hall.