Departmental Property Control Requirements & Responsibilities
Each department must have a Department Equipment Coordinator that is responsible for equipment assigned to their department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following;
- Maintain departmental inventory records and reporting any change in asset activity (i.e. department transfers, moves, surplus, scrap, gifts, lost, stolen, etc.) to Property Control Coordinator.
- Assist Property Control Coordinator with annual complete physical inventory of assets.
- It is recommended that departmental records indicate item description, asset number, model number, serial number, manufacturer, purchase order number and date, cost, vendor, account number, building and room location.
- Notify the Property Control Coordinator of any asset received by the department that does not have a decal or ownership tag affixed to it with a threshold of $1000 and over.
- Responsible for reporting missing or stolen assets to University Police and the Property Control Coordinator immediately. Information required for reporting purposes are asset number, item description, location, decal number, model number, and serial number.
Periodically, a listing of assigned equipment will be sent to each department for their review. If there are any changes that need to be made, the Department Equipment Coordinator is to notify the Property Control Coordinator regarding these changes.