SUNY Potsdam has made it quick and easy to order your official transcript securely online by retaining Parchment. Please note that we do not accept transcript requests by fax or mail.
You can order your transcript through your BearPAWS account. When ordering through BearPAWS, your information will be automatically populated and a signature page will generally not be required. If you do not have your login information for BearPAWS, please follow the instructions below to go directly to the Parchment website to place your order. You can also visit the Parchment website.
Check the status of your transcript order here - You will need your transcript request order number.
Fees & Delivery Options
Official Transcripts are $6 per transcript for regular first class mail or electronic (PDF) transmissions.
- Domestic Federal Express to all states is $30 (Additional Per Recipient)
- International Federal Express is $55.00 (Additional Per Recipient)
- $2.60 Processing Fee Charged Directly by the Vendor
- $3.40 Campus surcharge for administrative support of transcript production. This surcharge also cover printing, envelopes and postage for USPS Domestic for print and mail transcript requests.
Please Note: Learners can order FedEx for legacy records now.
Electronic Transcript Certificate of Authenticity
SUNY Potsdam has appointed Parchment as the designated agent for processing and sending official electronic transcripts on behalf of SUNY Potsdam. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website that is provided during the delivery process. Parchment has been granted the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of SUNY Potsdam and respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions.
Students Enrolled in Fall 2002 to Spring 2019
You may request a transcript in person at the One Stop or via email for no processing fee if enrolled at SUNY Potsdam in Fall 2002 to Spring 2019. Transcripts requested using this option will be processed on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month. The transcript will be mailed directly to the student. Electronic transcripts are not available under this option. To have the transcript issued to another entity such as a school or employer, the request must be done through one of the two options noted above. Choosing this option requires the following information:
- Your name and any other name you may have used while attending SUNY Potsdam
- Student ID number (or social security number)
- Your current phone number, mailing address and email address
- Dates of attendance
- We send all transcripts unless you specify just graduate or undergraduate
- Be sure to sign your request with your full legal name - we are required by law to obtain your handwritten signature for each request. Requests with improper or incomplete legal signatures will be returned.
The Office of the Registrar does not issue unofficial transcripts. For information on accessing your unofficial transcript, watch the video below.
To access your unofficial transcripts, please login to BearPAWS.
Right to Privacy
The Privacy Act of 1975, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), prohibits us from releasing your academic record to anyone without your WRITTEN permission. Learn More
If you have technical questions, please contact Parchment online.