Undergraduates at SUNY Potsdam are encouraged to obtain extra experience in their chosen field by doing off-campus internships. Contact the Experiential Education Office at (315) 267-2507 or visit their website to learn more. Examples of previous internships in which Biology students have participated include:
- SUNY Potsdam CSTEP Department, Potsdam, NY
- SUNY Potsdam WISER Center, Potsdam, NY
- Canton Potsdam Hospital, Potsdam, NY
- SUNY Potsdam Student Success Center, Potsdam, NY
- Sandstone Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, Potsdam, NY
- St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES Adult Education, Norwood, NY
- Essex County Fish Hatchery, Crown Point, NY
- Ellis Medicine Dental Care & Ellis Medicine Dental, Schenectady, NY
- Nathan Kline Institute, Orangeburg, NY
- Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital, Lexington, KY
SUNY Potsdam students can search available internships now by logging in to BearTracker through BearPAWS.
Career Opportunities in the Field
Graduates from the Department of Biology at SUNY Potsdam have pursued careers as biology and life science teachers at all levels from grade school to college. Some graduates have used their degrees to pursue careers as environmental scientists, horticulturists, laboratory coordinators and technologists, veterinarians and wildlife biologists.
Still other graduates have pursued careers as health professionals including chiropractors, dentists, nurses, optometrists, physicians, radiologists and therapists.
Employers after SUNY Potsdam:
- Estee Lauder: New York, NY - Lab Technician
- NYS Dept of Env. Conservation: Potsdam, NY - Fish and Wildlife Technician
- Alice Hyde Medical Center: Malone, NY - Certified Nursing Assistant
- ARUP Laboratories: Salt Lake City, UT - Technician