Learning & Research Fair
Since its inception over two decades ago, the Learning and Research Fair has been a wonderful opportunity for faculty, staff, and students to share their research, teaching/learning innovations, creative efforts, and scholarly achievements.
Visit the Fair to get to know your colleagues and students better, learn about and celebrate their scholarly contributions and accomplishments, share your knowledge and expertise, and suggest possible new projects and future collaborations.
Student presenters at the Fair are eligible to compete for awards administered by the Lougheed Center for Applied Learning.
The Learning and Research Fair 2023 will be held in person
- All students (and faculty submitting course entries) will submit abstracts and poster files, as usual.
- Staff in the Lougheed Center for Applied Learning will post each entry on the L&RF website. The website will serve as the program for the live event.
- Students who wish to be considered for one of our research awards will be asked to engage in a virtual judging process.
- In addition to the poster, they will submit a short video, audio file, or PowerPoint about their research, to be posted on the L&RF website.
- During an extended judging session, they will be asked to join a 20-minute virtual session and field questions from our faculty and staff judges.
- Judges will consider the quality of students’ abstracts, posters, and virtual interactions in their scoring.
- Winners will be announced on campus social media, by email, posted on the Fair website, and our campus website.
Please direct any questions to ext. 2507 or email@example.com. We look forward to your continued support and participation in the Learning and Research Fair.
- Thursday, March 9, 2023: Initial registration for student/team participants
- Tuesday, April 18, 2023: Abstracts due for student/team participants
- Tuesday, April 25, 2023: Poster submissions due for student/team participants
- Thursday, April 27, 2023: Video submissions due for student/team participants
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023: Learning & Research Fair
Frederick B. Kilmer Research Awards
Development of Photogrammetry Techniques to Investigate Musicians' Posture
Faculty Mentor(s): Tracy Lipke-Perry
Thermostability of Heteropolymer Ferritin with Different H to L subunit Ratios Studied by Differential Scanning Calorimetry
Faculty Mentor(s): Fadi Bou-Abdallah, Ayush Srivastava
Is the Proteasome Involved in Elc1 Mediated Degradation of Polyadenylations Factors?
Faculty Mentor(s): Fathima Nazeer
Ram L. Chugh North Country Research & Public Service Awards
Archaeology of the Jewish Communities of St. Lawrence County 1855-1945
Faculty Mentor(s): Hadley Kruczek-Aaron
Exploring Campus Recruitment Methods: A Dive into Social Media
Faculty Mentor(s): Raymond Bowdish
Provost’s Award for Excellence in Student Research
Use of Red Ochre in Burial: Reason to Ritual?
Faculty Mentor(s): Timothy Messner
Outstanding Faculty Mentorship of Undergraduate Research