The benefits of study abroad are immeasurable, both personally and professionally. Broaden your horizons and:
- Learn about the world, your country and yourself
- Increase your openness to new ideas and become an independent thinker
- Enjoy both academic and experiential learning
- Deepen your cross-cultural understanding and appreciation
- Mature and grow intellectually and become more flexible and self-confidence
- Increase your career prospects
- Have the time of your life while preparing for living and working in our globally interdependent world
Crane Students Trek Through the Andes
Sixteen current and former Crane students traveled to South America for an epic journey through the Andes in Peru with Dr. Jeffrey Francom, an associate professor and coordinator of the choral area at SUNY Potsdam's Crane School of Music. They started by learning traditional Andean music at a cultural center in Calca, Peru, before setting out for a seven-day backpacking trip along the Salkantay and Inca Trails.
To Belize and Back
“This trip really made me realize how much I want to travel. The world feels very small here in Potsdam, so to go to another small part, in Belize, made me realize how large the world truly is. It was just so meaningful” -Madison Cleveland ’19
Jamaica Field Service
The Jamaica Field Service Project is a service learning course on the diverse people, society, culture and musics of the Caribbean and West Indies.