Alumni have invested more than $7 million in the Lougheed Center for Applied Learning.
Our goal is to make sure all students have access to high-impact applied learning experiences. Our funding is uniquely flexible, so we may be able to help make your dreams a reality!
Not sure if your project fits our funds? Please email email@example.com.
What can LoCAL funding help pay for?
- Tuition and Fees
- Field Trips and Site Visits
- Registration and Travel Expenses
- Equipment and Supplies
- Curriculum Development
- Living Expenses
- Workshops and Guest Speakers
Faculty and Staff must apply for funds based on the start date of their project following the table and steps outlined below.
Complete the online application linked below the description of the funding you are seeking. Please be prepared with:
- a detailed description of the project,
- its impact on students and the college's goals,
- a comprehensive budget including a clear breakdown of all expenses for the proposed activity and additional funding sources
- supporting commentary or letters from applicable offices
You may avoid duplicative paperwork by submitting campus paperwork specific to the activity. For example, a completed Travel Requisition could serve as the budget for a proposal to attend a training off campus.
Remember: it is essential that you read all College purchasing and travel reimbursement procedures before completing your proposal, as these policies, including submission dates, must be followed (http://www.potsdam.edu/offices/purchasing/travel).
Questions regarding these policies/procedures can be directed to Purchasing & Payables (315-267-2140).
Lougheed Center for Applied Learning Application Review Schedule
The Lougheed Center for Applied Learning Advisory Board reviews funding applications at monthly meetings. Applicants are notified of the Board's decisions within a week of the meeting date.
|Application received by||If applicable, for travel after||Will be reviewed on|
|February 24, 2020||April 30, 2020||March 3, 2020|
|March 30, 2020||June 30, 2020||April 2, 2020|
|April 27, 2020||June 30, 2020||May 5, 2020|
Dorf Applied Learning YES Fund
- Provides financial support for students initiated or faculty-led applied learning experiences.
Gilchrist Endowment for Applied Learning
- Provides financial support for faculty-sponsored applied learning experiences for individual students or groups of students.
- Financially supports faculty in developing and implementing applied learning experiences designed to position student participants for gainful employment and career success.
Institute for Ethical Behavior Endowment
- Provides resources for service-learning projects promoting and supporting ethical behavior.
- Please speak with Toby White if you are interested in this funding, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lougheed Applied Learning Grants
- Provides financial support to faculty and staff activities that improve our ability to facilitate student participation in high impact applied learning activities.
- Lougheed Applied Learning Grants are administered by the Provost's Office; please use the link below to learn more about this program.
- We have 20+ individual scholarships to support study abroad and internship opportunities.
Dorf Applied Learning YES Fund
- Provides financial support for student initiated or faculty-led applied learning experiences.
Kilmer Research Awards
- Provides financial support for student-faculty research projects, including summer housing for summer research labs.
Presidential Scholars Award
- Students who have demonstrated exceptional talents and leadership skills may apply for grant money to fund special projects.