Get ahead. Stay on track. Try something new.
Registration for Summer Session 2020 is now open!
Choose from more than 100 undergraduate and graduate virtual and online courses to get ahead in your studies this summer!
SUNY Potsdam has courses available in photography, biology, chemistry, exercise science, finance, theatre, economics, literacy, classroom management, film, literature, history, physics, politics, video design, statistics, music education, technology in education, and much more.
Open web registration starts on March 9, and ends on May 27, 2020.
All classes are offered through distance learning this summer! Most are asynchronous, but some have scheduled virtual meeting times listed. Make sure to check your availability before registering.
Summer Session 2020 (May 28 - August 7, 2020)
- Session 1: May 28 - July 1, 2020
- Session 1A: May 28 - June 12, 2020
- Session 1B: June 16 - July 1, 2020
- Session 2: July 6 - August 7, 2020
- Session 2A: July 6 - July 21, 2020
- Session 2B: July 23 - August 7, 2020
How to add/drop courses
- Matriculated students can add or drop a course using BearPAWS prior to the end of the open registration period.
- All graduate students should contact the Office of Graduate and Continuing Education to add or drop a course.
- All course drop requests are required to be in writing. If you are not able to web drop, you can request that the Office of Graduate and Continuing Education drop the course for you. Just email your request to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, Potsdam ID number (P#) and the name and CRN of the course you wish you to drop.
Are you a current high school student or an undergraduate/graduate student at another university? Visiting (non-matriculated) students can take advantage of our Summer Session to help advance your studies! In-state undergraduate tuition is only $295 per credit.
To get started, contact the Office of Graduate and Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 267-2165.
Tuition & billing
- Billing statements will be available in your BearPAWS account. Payments can be made online through your BearPAWS eBill link, to our CASHNET portal. We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express and ACH payments.
- Tuition will be due by Wednesday, June 10, 2020. A student bill considered unpaid as of that date may have registration cancelled.
All required textbooks for Summer Session can be purchased online through The College Store. You must pre-order 10 days before your class begins, in order for your books to arrive on time. Orders will be shipped to you. You can return your books with a receipt up to three days after the start of your class.
If you have any questions, comments or input on Summer Sessions, please contact email@example.com. Your feedback is important to us.