If you’re driving to SUNY Potsdam, you’re in for a scenic trip!
Set your coordinates to: 44 Pierrepont Avenue, Potsdam, NY 13676.
Tips for driving to campus:
- Avoid unexpected delays. You can easily check your route for ongoing construction projects, incident closures and weather alerts, at 511ny.org.
- Have your documents, follow traffic laws and be aware. Potsdam is located close to the northern border, and law enforcement checkpoints are common.
- Fuel up and plan ahead. There are several stretches through the Adirondacks south of campus where cell phone coverage is limited, and gas stations are far apart.
- Traveling through the Adirondacks? Good news! Three partner museums have offered to open their doors to SUNY Potsdam students and families to make pit stops as you drive north.
- Check local weather conditions. Find the forecast for Potsdam. In winter, take extra precautions.
- Planning a day trip to Canada? Make sure you have your valid passport, passport card, enhanced driver’s license, enhanced tribal card, trusted traveler card (e.g, NEXUS), or other valid documents for entry into Canada and reentry into the U.S. Please note that there are different requirements for children age 15 and under as well.