There are several other spaces available, each with a unique set-up so that they can accommodate any event from a campus-wide event to a club mixer.
The Fireside Lounge (BSU Room 202)
The Fireside Lounge provides a casual meeting area for groups ranging from 70 to 162 people. In its usual setup (70 patrons) chairs are arranged in a semi-circle fashion around the room's fireplace. Capacity can be increased to 162 if chairs are placed in an auditorium (row & aisle) style.For a smaller more relaxed atmosphere, the lounge features two and three seat couches.
PLEASE NOTE: The Fireside Lounge is not optimal for audio-visual presentations due to poor sight-lines.
Forum Room (BSU Room 204)This forum style room, used mainly by our Student Government Association, offers three-level tiered seating for 39 people facing a panel. The room is equipped with chalkboard & projection screen. Extra seats around the perimeter of the room offers additional seating for 20, making the total forum capacity approximately 60.
Conference Meeting Room (BSU Rooms 203, 205 & 219)These three conference rooms each hold 30 individuals and offer seating around two large conference tables. Each room is equipped with chalkboards and projection screens.
Multi-Purpose Room AThe MPR A can seat 125 patrons and is used for a specific event rather than a meeting. In this configuration, chairs are set up in an auditorium style facing East.
Multi-Purpose Room BThe MPR B can seat 250 patrons and like MPR A, is used for large events. Chairs are set up in an auditorium style facing North.
MPR A & MPR B CombinedIf your event is very large, you have the option of opening up the divider between the two MPRs and thereby creating a much larger space that can seat up to 500 guests. For an event hosting to 500 guests, the chairs are set up in an auditorium style facing East. For a banquet, the space can seat 325 guests and chairs & tables are set up.
Unlike the other spaces, if you choose to use an MPR, there a few guidelines you should be aware of:
- Maximum seating may always be reduced based on the requirements of the specific event or program.
- Catered meals are ONLY accepted if they exceed the capacity of Thatcher Hall.
- Limited audio-visual equipment available on request:
Portable Projection Screen
Portable Easel Chalkboards
- The sponsoring organization must complete a set-up form at least one calendar week prior to the event. In some cases, the sponsoring organization may be responsible for set-up/clean up or may be charged for this service.
- Use of alcoholic beverages must comply with NY State law and college alcohol policy.
- In some cases, organizations may be required to hire and pay for extra security personnel.
- The sponsoring organization will be responsible for any damage to facilities and equipment (normal wear and tear excluded).