Join us for a virtual info session!Register now
Join us for a virtual information session to learn more about SUNY Potsdam's M.S. in Management program! Acquire the tools to be a leader in the business world by developing management and organizational skills to empower your career.
Be a change-maker.
SUNY Potsdam’s graduate program in management prepares students to be leaders in a broad range of careers and industries. This innovative and interdisciplinary program challenges students to learn about themselves and understand others, so they can motivate and manage teams effectively. All students receive a strong knowledge base in management and organizational principles. They then put their knowledge into practice, by tackling pressing issues for real-world clients, including through culminating professional projects.
Students can hone in on their interests by choosing from one of three in-demand tracks:
Solidify your standing as a leader of tomorrow, with coursework in teambuilding, organizational communications, project management, conflict resolution, change processes, entrepreneurship, innovation, social media strategy and delivering professional presentations. All students can elect to complete the St. Lawrence Leadership Institute, in a partnership with the County Chamber of Commerce—allowing them to network with area professionals and learn about the unique needs of the region, while building their management skillsets.
Be prepared to innovate. A key factor in any institution’s success today is the effective implementation of technology to drive initiatives and spur growth. This program will equip you with sought-after skillsets, thanks to coursework in cybersecurity, information architecture, computer programming for performance support, network management and advanced web development.
Inspire lasting and positive organizational change, and guide others to reach their fullest potential. This track prepares students with coursework in staff development, human resources, education through technology, critical issues in leadership, technology coaching, principles of performance technology, systematic instructional design, instructional development and program evaluation.
Topics covered in coursework include:
- Policy, ethics & issues in management
- Data management
- Financial oversight
- Principles of leadership
- Organizational development
- Research techniques
Unique program features:
- Applied learning opportunities woven throughout the curriculum
- Students can choose between a fully online or hybrid option to complete the Master of Science in Management.
- Fully Online: You take the full program through high quality and engaging asynchronous online courses that give you flexibility to work around your schedule. Instructors are always available to meet during their office hours and typically respond to phone or email questions in 24 hours or less.
- Hybrid: You take both online asynchronous courses and hybrid courses where you attend classes in person or through video conference. Course schedules and assignment due dates are always available at the start of the semester so that you can plan your time.
- Choose your location! The program is offered both on the SUNY Potsdam campus in Potsdam, N.Y., and at Jefferson Community College in Watertown, N.Y.
- Small class sizes
- Expert full-time faculty with years of practical working experience
- Mix of working professionals and recent college graduates