June 28-July 11 (Final concerts are on July 10 and 11, July 4 IS a regular class day)
Yes! Please avoid any tank or spaghetti straps, make sure the shirt is opaque, and when you sit down, make sure your pants/skirt fit appropriately. We will have professional video taken at the Friday evening and Saturday afternoon concerts by McIver Recording. We will be sending out an order form soon and you can also order those in the Hosmer lobby during the final weekend. Please bring close toed shoes for your safety. There are a lot of moving items during concerts and we want your toes protected.
Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram! We will post photos and videos on Facebook of things each day. While campers can't have their cell phones in Crane, they are more than welcome to have them in the dormitory and at recreational time. If campers do not have a phone, they can come to the CYM dorm office and use the phone to call home.
The students will live in a dormitory on campus. In the past we have used Knowles Dormitory which is right across from the Crane Complex. Students will eat their meals in Lehman Dining Hall.
Knowles dormitory has community bathrooms, please bring flip flops for showers.
Lehman Dining hall on campus for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Counselors will accompany students to all meals. Campers may keep snacks in their rooms but we ask they keep their rooms tidy AND please be conscious we have students and staff with severe allergies. Don’t offer someone with a peanut allergy a snickers bar. There are limited vending machines in the dorms and Crane.
Lehman offers foods for all dietary needs, if you let us know your dietary needs at registration, then we have note of what is needed. If you need any further assistance contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For those seeking gluten free alternatives we have an excellent Gluten Free bakery in town called 3 Bears Bakery, you can find them on Facebook but stop in while you are here!
- No student may carry medications on their person unless they have a doctor’s note (ex: Epi Pen, Rescue Inhaler, Insulin)
- All medications including aspirin & ibuprofen must be left at the dorm infirmary and taken at designated med times or as needed
- If special med times are needed, a doctor’s note will need to spell those out for infirmary staff
- If a student needs aspirin, a counselor can escort them to the infirmary to take those medications
- If you need to send updated doctor's authorizations during camp, we will have a fax machine in the infirmary.
Tentative schedule will be available online closer to camp start but includes:
- Master Classes with CYM/Crane FacultyoEnsemble RehearsaloSectionals/classes (strings/voice/piano)
- Symphony Orchestra/Like Ensemble (Wind/Brass/Perc)
- Chamber Coaching (strings) and Duet/trio coachings (piano/harp)
- All Camp Choir or Jazz Band/EnsembleoElective Classes
- Recreational Time/Lessons (optional)/Practice time
- Evening concerts with faculty and guests each evening – all free to attendees
Resident Staff will be supervising your child.
- Our current CYM Resident Director is a Crane Graduate and Public School Educator during the school year.
- Our Assistant Directors are also Crane Graduates and Professional educators.
- Counselors are comprised of junior/senior Crane students or Crane Graduates who aremusic educators/professionals and many are CYM alumni.
The final weekend of CYM overlaps our Potsdam Alumni Weekend. The Potsdam Town festival will also be going on so its going to be very busy! Plan ahead on lodging if you plan to stay over. You might need to book something a little ways away. Massena is 35 minutes, Malone is 40 minutes, Lake Placid and Watertown are around 90 minutes away, Syracuse is 2.5 hours, Albany and Rochester are 4 hours. We are also 90 minutes from Ottawa, ON and around 2 hours from Montreal, QC (but allow border time).