Welcome to the Friends of Crane Youth Music!
CYM Turns 50 in 2023 - Help us make it to 100 years!
If you are interested in supporting CYM in a small or larger way, please consider the following ways your contribution can assist our campers and the camp:
- Endow a CYM Scholarship ($25,000-$100,000)
- Sponsor a partial scholarship to cover a camper
- Fund a full scholarship:
- Commuter tuition: $550 (includes daily lunch)
- Resident tuition: $850 (includes room and meals)
- Contribute to our existing scholarship endowed funds
- Scott LaVine CYM Scholarship
- Mark Hartman CYM Scholarship
- Roy Schaberg Crane Scholarship (CYM alumni who choose to attend SUNY Potsdam)
- Assist with purchasing materials for campers and staff
- T-shirts ($2000)
- Water Bottles ($1000)
- Suggest other memorabilia you wish to sponsor
- Purchase music for the CYM Ensembles to perform ($50-$500)
- Sponsor the All Star Big Band performance - $2000 (2024)
- Sponsor the All-Star Big Band Headline artist in partnership with the Norwood Village Green Concert Series (2024)
- $1000 for artist fee
- $500 for hotel expenses
- Additional assistance helps with artist educational clinics with our campers
- Sponsor a Guest chamber ensemble performance
- $2000 for artist fees
- $1500 for hotel
- Include a gift to CYM in your estate plan. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help
- Consider helping us fully underwrite the entire camp so it can be free to all participants!
Your contribution will be recognized in our concert programs and by the college.
Checks may be made payable to: “Potsdam College Foundation" (write “CYM” on the memo line)
Mail checks to:
Potsdam College Foundation, Inc.,
44 Pierrepont Ave.
Raymond Hall 507
Potsdam, NY 13676-2294.
Gifts may also be made online here (restrict your gift to CYM). Call (315) 267-3053 for help
making your gift.
CYM Turns 50!
Please save the date of June 25- July 1, 2023 as we will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary. Have ideas for how we can celebrate 50 years of CYM? Please contact the CYM director at email@example.com if you are interested in sponsoring a project, commission or guest performer for the 50th Anniversary.
The 2013 40th anniversary celebration included the following events:
- Commissioning CYM Alumnus and Crane faculty member Gregory Wanamaker and Lyricist Garth Bardsley to write Adirondack Songs for winds and choir. The work was premiered by CYM students at the final program in 2013.
- Alumni Recital with Adam Unsworth (U of Michigan) and Nicholas Hartman (Toronto Symphony).
- Lunch with the campers during the last day of camp
- Reception following the Friday evening final concert
- CYM Brunch with alumni, staff and directors Schaberg, Lavine, Hartman and Doyle.