Early College Programs provide access to advanced academic programs and pre-college programs for motivated high school students. SUNY Potsdam is proud to offer opportunities for local high school students to get a jump start on their college career by earning college credits while in High School or by facilitating the transition to college early.
Participating in these programs while in High School offers students a number of advantages:
- Explore areas of interest before committing to a particular major in college
- Get ahead in required college coursework, General Education and/or language requirements
- Enhance college applications
- Receive customized college and career advice
- College in High School (CHS) - Concurrent Enrollment Program (courses taken at high school as part-time non-matriculated students)
- College Advancement Program (CAP) - Dual-Enrollment Program (courses taken on campus as part-time non-matriculated students)
- College Unlimited at SUNY Potsdam (CUSP) - Early Admission Program (full-time matriculated students entering college ahead of their cohort)
For questions about College in High School (CHS) or the College Advancement Program (CAP), please contact the Office of Graduate & Continuing Education at (315) 267-2165.
For questions about College Unlimited at SUNY Potsdam (CUSP), please contact Terry Francis (Associate Director of Admissions, Transfer Coordinator) at (315) 267-2129.