Would you like a call from a Writers' Block staff member? If so, click here to request a short chat or call about a writing issue or our services.
The Writers' Block offers virtual and in-person tutoring sessions. Scoll down to our video intro!
Meet with our trained peer tutors, who can coach you as you start or improve any piece of writing.
We'll match you with the best tutor for your assignment, and their available times can vary.
- In-person Writers' Block sessions on weekdays in Carson 105, near Becky's.
- Evenings & Sundays, meet @ Lougheed Learning Commons library, at the staircase.
- Virtual Writers' Block sessions are smooth and effective -- and available in all of our hours.
- Use Zoom -- or Teams, cell phone, Google docs, OneDrive/Sharepoint. We adapt!
- Build your skills: We help with any writing skill -- such as thesis statements, citing sources, organization, editing, etc.
- Quick help: Getting Started: Keys to College Writing.
- Earn a badge: Complete our eight-hour badge, Writing Your Way In: Tools for Success in College Writing.
Our trained peer tutors help you write your paper the way you want to. We can’t edit for you, but we help you make good choices in your own writing.
- Peer tutors are trained to help you gain confidence about your writing assignment.
- Talk with a tutor and see your writing in a new light, even if you're just getting started.
- Send us your assignment, your draft, your concerns -- whatever you've got.
- No one writes perfectly on the first try! But you're in luck: we can help you figure it out.
Plan ahead and book your appointment. We offer email feedback and online tutorials through Teams.
The Writers' Block services are always completely free for SUNY Potsdam students.
Contact Dr. Jennifer Mitchell at email@example.com.
Students, please watch this video introduction about how to use our tutoring services! This year, we'll offer both virtual and in-person tutoring.