Tutoring Resources for all Students
Group tutoring is available for various lower-level and certain upper-division undergraduate courses. Group tutoring consists of small study groups (typically 2-8 students) facilitated by a trained and experienced peer tutor. Sessions are scheduled at the mutual convenience of both the students and the tutor for as many as 3 hours per week. Group tutoring is provided free of charge and is one of the best resources available to help you succeed in your courses.
The Writers' Block offers free personal assistance on writing at any point in your writing process on an assignment, scholarship application, etc.
Spring 2019 - Carson 213
|10 a.m.||Tanner Wilson||Macy Fraser||Tanner Wilson||Macy Fraser||Heidi Kreckel|
|11 a.m.||Sara Janus||Joshua Parker||Tyler Simmons||Joshua Parker||Tyler Simmons|
|Noon||Paul Dougall||Sara Janus||Tanner Wilson||Sara Janus|
|1 p.m.||Paul Dougall||Kara Wade||Tyler Deskins||Kara Wade|
|2 p.m.||Garrett Frady||Anton Wilkins||Heidi Kreckel||Anton Wilkins|
|3 p.m.||Garrett Frady||Anton Wilkins||Jasper Toman - Yih||Tyler Deskins|
|4 p.m.||Jasper Toman - Yih||Jasper Toman - Yih|
Help is available for: Math 100, Math 101, Math 102, Math 110, Math 125, Math 141, Math 142, Math 151, Math 152, and Math 253
- We are here to help you succeed in your LOWER DIVISION math class(es).
- In order to help you in your quest to learn mathematics, please do not ask us to do your homework problems and/or test/exam corrections.
- We will be happy to help you understand and/or solve similar problems. At times, it may be necessary for us to refer to your textbook. This helps to refresh our memories (remember we are also students) and it enables us to show you how to find necessary information in your book. This is a crucial skill for success in mathematics!
- Please realize that the math lab is open for all SUNY Potsdam students on a walk-in basis, thus it may or may not be full when you arrive for help. In light of this, plan accordingly and please do not wait until the last possible minute to get help.
- If you have any suggestions/concerns please contact Dr. Person at 267-2068, in her office MacVicar 218, or by email: email@example.com.
The goal of STAR-NY tutoring is to help students learn how to learn, not teach them what to learn.