The portal is found on BearPAWS and has a number of functions.You can use the Patient Portal to:
- make an appointment
- cancel an appointment
- send a Secure Message (an encrypted email) to your medical provider
- view patient education materials on a variety of subjects
- NEW STUDENTS ONLY - complete Health History Form, Meningitis Response Form, and Tuberculosis Questionnaire
Please call Student Health Services at (315) 267-2377 if you experience any technical problems with the portal. There are five tabs across the top of the home page, just under the red SUNY Potsdam logo:
Use this tab to make an appointment at Student Health Services
- Choose the "Appointment" tab
- Follow the instructions in the box entitled "Schedule an appointment at Student Health Services."
- Choose a reason and provider if you have a preference. Click Submit.
- Available appointments will appear on the right of the screen.
- If no appointments are available, click on another date in the calendar on the left of the screen.
- To choose an appointment time and date, click the green "Select" button.
- Complete any online forms, on the Home Page, that are associated with your appointment reason.
- Please remember that canceling appointments happens on the "Home" tab under "Upcoming Appointments."
- Forms that are required to be completed by new students can be found here.See the "Health Requirements for Attending" page on this website before submitting these forms.
- Meningitis Response Form
- Tuberculosis Questionnaire
- Health Information form
Use this tab to send and receive Secure Messages with your medical provider. Unlike regular e-mails, these messages are encrypted, confidential, and become part of your medical record.
- Select "Inbox" to read new messages that have been sent to you.
- Select "Compose New" to send a new message to the medical provider of your choice.
- Select "Sent" to see the messages you have already sent.
Choose this tab to read patient education materials.
- Choose from a selection of education materials grouped by organ system
- Choose "My Documents" to re-read the patient education materials you have been given during your appointments at the clinic.