Instagram Combined Shape quotation Created with Sketch. 69

Health Education/Resources

College health educators bring the world of health, wellness and disease prevention to life. On our campus, our health educator puts together an array of passive and active programming that focuses on the needs of our students. She is also responsible for helping students complete judicial sanctions for on-campus alcohol and drug violations.

SUNY Potsdam's Health Educator
Bridget Bradish
(315) 267-3676

The possession or use of illegal drugs, or the abuse of those which may otherwise be legally possessed, seriously affects the University environment, as well as the individual potential of our students and staff. The Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act was enacted to ensure that any institution of higher education that receives funds under any federal program has adopted and implemented a program to prevent the use of illicit drugs and abuse of alcohol by students. Required Alcohol & Other Drug Information (PDF)

Student Health Services is a confidential resource.

**We do NOT disclose ANY information about you without your WRITTEN permission**

Student Health Services will:

  • help you navigate the process
  • be compassionate, respectful & inclusive care
  • ensure a timely appointment with Counseling Center, if desired
  • provide emergency contraception (Plan B)
  • provide STI testing & treatment including PEP (HIV prevention)
  • provide treatment of injuries, if needed
  • follow up care, including repeat STI testing

Other Confidential Resources

  • Canton-Potsdam Hospital     
    50 Leroy Street, Potsdam
    Phone: (315) 265-3300
  • Forensic exam
    You don’t have to report the crime to have an exam, but the process gives you the chance to safely store evidence should you decide to report at a later time. 
  • College Counseling Center 
    1st floor Van Housen Hall
    Phone: (315) 267-2330
  • Renewal House
    217 Sisson Hall; Wednesdays 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    Phone: (315) 379-3845

Private Resources (Shares information only when necessary)

Who Can Help?

If you think you have a substance use disorder, there is assistance available at 12 Elm Street (St. Lawrence Health System Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Services), which is a short walk from campus. Please call (315) 353-2572 or walk in and they will assist you immediately.


To combat the deadly opiate epidemic, Governor Cuomo requires all NYS colleges to educate their students about opiate use, misuse and abuse. Learn More (PDF)