Knowledge is Power! Keep asking questions.
We’ve tried to anticipate your technology and teaching questions. Each “How do I” page provides answers to the thing you’re trying to do. Normally, the answer contains info on basic things you should consider and points you to specific tools or resources. When a tool is offered, be sure to visit the Tech Tools site for training videos and tutorials. If you find you still have questions after reviewing our resources, please contact email@example.com to open a support ticket. Also, if you find something is missing and would like us to add it to the site, please let us know.
Our Moodle Learning Management System (LMS) allows instructors to deliver content and instruction to students through a private website. If you have questions on how to use Moodle, you can find answers in the guides and resources listed on the Moodle Home Site. Instructors should be sure to check out the What Would You Like to Do? course which is similar to the How Do I site, but it’s just for Moodle. Some of the resources are Moodle sites that will require you to self-enroll using your regular campus username and password (CCA).
Each How Do I webpage contains general information on a specific topic and lists questions in sub-categories. Although you can use ctrl+f to find content on a webpage (cmd+f on a Mac), unfortunately on our site, you must expand a collapsed section in order for it to be included in the search.
How Do I...
- Give A Lecture (with or without slides)?
- Have a Class Discussion?
- Collect Written Assignments?
- Share Articles and Books with Students?
- Chalkboard or Dry-Erase Board?
- Give a Quiz, Test, or other Written Exam?
- Have Student Make a Presentation?
- Have Students Demonstrate a Skill?
- Have Students Give Each Other Feedback/Input?
- Have Students Complete Group, Project Work (Work Together)?
- Adhere to ADA Guidelines and Laws?