Instagram Combined Shape quotation Created with Sketch. 69

Incident Reporting

Incidents, criminal acts and/or emergencies are to be reported to the University Police Department, which is located in Van Housen Hall or by calling 267-2222.

Available emergency telephones:

  • Emergency telephones will be provided on each Resident Hall floor.
  • The use of cell phones at all reasonable times, with University Police's number programmed in, is also encouraged.
  • An emergency blue light phone system is available on the campus grounds.
  • This system provides a means for immediate contact with the University Police Department.
  • In addition, various campus buildings have strategically located red emergency phones for emergency use.

Procedure for reporting an emergency or criminal act:
Upon receipt of a call, appropriate University Police or emergency personnel will be dispatched to your location. Criminal offenses are investigated by the University Police for future prosecution. Furthermore, the campus community is notified of situations that pose a threat to the safety and well-being of our community through the following methods of communication:

  • campus alerts
  • The Racquette (student newspaper),
  • WAIH-FM (campus radio station)
  • press release to area news media.

Other Campus Safety Services:
The University Police Department provides an on-campus escort service which is available to any student, employee, or visitor.

The campus also has a Disaster Preparedness Plan which provides for the dissemination of information and response to any critical incident or disaster.