The Lougheed Learning Commons is a place for students, faculty and staff to study, collaborate, socialize and create.
- We are currently working on the building hours for Spring 2024 semester and will be posted when ready.
- Building Concierges will greet you as you walk into the main Learning Commons. They are located at the Service Desk. If they are not immediately available it is because they are doing their rounds to monitor use of the building. If you have a question, please ask them!
- Minerva's cafe will be closed for the foreseeable future.
- Tech Support is only in-person after work hours and on weekends. If you need technical assistance please contact them by e-mail at email@example.com, by phone 315-267-4444
If you have any questions, please contact Jenica Rogers, Executive Director of the Lougheed Learning Commons.
The Lougheed Learning Commons lobby has been organized to provide comfortable group seating and study space, centered around a sculpture by artist John Van Alstine, which was donated by Donald and Kathryn Lougheed.
The Lougheed Learning Commons provides access to campus computers, printing, document scanning and various other technologies. The Single Service Point information desk is there to assist people with circulation services, reference services and on-site tech support.
Not sure where something is located inside the Learning Commons?
The 3-D Printing Makerspace has:
- 2- Ultimaker 2+ 3D printers
- 2- Matter & Form 3D scanners
- 2- Computer workstations for 3D design
All equipment was purchased through funding provided by a Northern New York Library Network (NNYLN) technology grant.
Note: The Makerspace is closed during breaks
The 3D printers allow for printing in a wide variety of materials, including a biodegradable polymer.
Printing is open to all students, faculty, and staff affiliated with the SUNY Potsdam campus. If you would like to schedule time to print something please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your name
- What you would like to print
A staff member will reply to you with approval/denial of you chosen print and the available times.
**Printing of weapons or drug paraphernalia of any kind is expressly prohibited**
Disclaimer: The on-site student assistants can assist you with finding the item you want to print. The assistants also provide help with the printers and some design work but they are not there to give instruction on how to design.
All first time users are required to participate in a brief tutorial prior to use.
The Yarn Closet
This Makerspace provides supplies for various forms of yarn based crafting.
- knitting needles and crochet hooks in varying sizes
- stitch holders
- pattern books
- Yarn ball winder
- Skein winder
- a large assortment of yarn
This Makerspace provides a small area to sit and craft using your own supplies or ours. Just walk in, no appointment needed.
**Supplies can be signed out and taken back to your room if you would like.**
Supplies for this Makerspace were purchased with a grant through the Lougheed Center for Applied Learning and donated by various members of the campus community.
Donations are always welcome!
- All services in the LLC are reviewed and evaluated by the LLC Advisory Board
- If you have an idea for a new service in the Lougheed Learning Commons, please fill out and submit the proposal form
Monday: 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. & 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m & 1:30 p.m. to 4 :00 p.m.
Please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment outside regular open hours.
Would you, your group, or your organization like to set up a display in the lobby of the Learning Commons? Are you a professor looking to display your class's projects?
- Instructions for requesting tabling or display space
- Tabling Request Form
- Display Request Form (coming soon), please contact the Lougheed Center for Applied Learning firstname.lastname@example.org