SUNY Potsdam welcomes families to visit campus anytime! In lieu of a traditional “Family Weekend”, the Potsdam community is embracing a more flexible and inclusive model which welcomes families to visit any weekend/day during the academic semester.
Want to catch your child’s performance at Crane? We’d love to have you! Interested in seeing a sporting event at Maxcy? Come cheer on the Bears! Have a birthday to celebrate? Join your student for dinner on campus or in one of our great local restaurants!
- “Get Involved”- a one-stop resource for campus activities, programs and special events (click “Sign In” to access the most robust information)
- Crane School of Music Events (also Livestream information)
- Community Performance Series- a college-community partnership that presents distinctive and renowned performing arts events in Northern New York.
- Potsdam Bears Athletics Calendar (plus Bears Live for stats, live video and more)
- SUNY Potsdam Academic Calendar
Things to do in and around Potsdam
- Take a hike, check out one of the area’s numerous waterfalls or find a new place to explore- popular destinations and an interactive trail map (there are 16 locations within ten miles of Potsdam!). Also check out free hiking trips sponsored by Venture Outdoors, the outdoor equipment rental facility for the campus.
- Have a younger traveler? Check out the hands-on, awesome North Country Children’s Museum (Potsdam)
- Get to know the town of Potsdam and find out about events in the region
- Find outstanding local food and items at the weekly Potsdam Farmer’s Market (Wed. and Sat., 9am-2pm through late October)
- On-campus, award-winning dining options and schedule
- SUNY Potsdam Campus Map (download or print)
- College Store information- send your student a surprise through their Bear Care option!
- Campus running and walking loop maps (1.5 mile, 2.8 mile and 5k)
- Virtual SUNY Potsdam Campus Tour
- Potsdam Chamber of Commerce
- St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Information
- Hotels and Motels in St. Lawrence County
Coming to campus? We would like to know!
Please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Your student’s name
- The dates that you will be on campus
- Your approximate arrival time
- How many people will be joining you