Instagram Combined Shape quotation Created with Sketch. 69

Student Resources

Explore these resources to navigate challenges and find assistance during your academic journey:

Academic Support:

  • Tutoring Services: Drop by the Lougheed Learning Commons or visit Tutoring Services for additional help.
  • Accommodative Services: The Office of Accommodative Services helps students with documented ADA disabilities. More information is available on the Accommodative Services site or stop by Sisson 111. 

Major-Specific Guidance:

  • Arts & Sciences: Consult Kristin Jordan in Dunn Hall 103.
  • Crane School of Music: Consult Dr. David Heuser in Bishop Hall C138.
  • School of Education and Professional Studies: Seek advice from your advisor or Billijean Elliott in Satterlee Hall 113. If you’re unsure of who your advisor is, you can check in BearPAWS and the information will be under Course Summary.

Registration Assistance:

  • Add/Drop: Find detailed information on the OneStop website. Consult your academic advisor for further guidance.
  • Preparing for Registration: Find detailed information on the Registration / Advising process online.
  • BearDeN: BearDeN is used to track degree progress. You can login through BearPAWS at Your advisor can help if you're confused. 

Course-related Inquiries:

  • S/P/U Grades and Withdrawals: Refer to OneStop's website for details. Your academic advisor can provide additional support.
  • Withdrawal Process: Refer to OneStop's website for guidelines. Connect with your academic advisor for personalized assistance.

Leave of Absence and Withdrawal:

  • Explore Procedures: Find comprehensive information here. Consult your advisor for tailored advice.

Academic Concerns:

  • Instructor Communication Issues: Email with "Class Concern" in the subject line.
  • Brightspace Feedback or Grade Concerns: Reach out to with "Class Concern" in the subject line.
  • Instructor Behavior Concerns: Report inappropriate actions to with "Class Concern."
  • Access Brightspace: Login to Brightspace at
  • Questions about Brightspace: Contact the SUNY Online Support Services Help Desk at If that doesn’t help, contact the SUNY Potsdam Helpdesk by emailing

Staff-Related Concerns:

  • General Staff Issues: Contact the Associate VP for Human Resources at with "Student Concern" in the subject line.
  • Unresolved Concerns: Elevate your issue to with "Student Concern" in the subject line.

Student Conduct Concerns:

To ensure a thorough response, please fill out the secure form online and choose the appropriate incident type from the drop-down menu.


If you have any questions or concerns involving any of the PACES services below, please visit or call. 

  • Dining Service, contact Terri White, 2nd floor Thatcher Hall, x2657.
  • College Store, contact Wannita Richards, Student Union College Store, x2574.
  • Business Office/Card Service, contact Kim Bradshaw,121 Merritt Hall, x2658.
  • Executive Office, contact Erika Brannen, 129 Merritt Hall, x2147.
  • Washer & Dryers / Vending, contact Erika Brannen, 129 Merritt Hall, x2147.

Residence Life Concerns:

  •  Connect with Residence Life by sending an email to or calling 315-267-2350. The main office is located on the first floor of the Draime Hall Extension and is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 

General Concerns:


Remember, our mission is to support your success. Don't hesitate to reach out; we're here to help!