The mission of Campus Life is to provide activities, programs and facilities in order to cultivate a positive outside of classroom environment that promotes student involvement, learning and personal development.
- To promote engagement in student leadership activities and to provide ongoing opportunities for students to explore and enhance their leadership styles/skills to better both the campus and larger community.
- To promote student well-being by providing student activities to help foster student connections with peers while creating a fun and dynamic campus atmosphere.
- To ensure student life facilities are well maintained, equipped and staffed to support the out of classroom experience.
There is always something going on at SUNY Potsdam and the Campus Life Office provides many opportunities to get involved. Below are just a few:
- Student Activities - The Campus Life office hosts a variety of events throughout the academic year. Each week, Campus Life provides a schedule of these events and more through fliers, table tents, and other formats to help promote student involvement. The Get Involved site provides information about clubs and organizations, campus events, and leadership programs. This is your best source to find out what is going on at SUNY Potsdam.
- Student Clubs & Organizations - There are many ways to get involved on campus; from playing ultimate frisbee to a cappella to writing for the student newspaper, there is definitely something for everyone!
- Greek Life - Go Greek! SUNY Potsdam is proud of its recognized Greek chapters, who all share the 4 common values of friendship, scholarship, community service and leadership.
- Leadership Programs - Campus Life offers several programs to help foster leadership development and skills among students; these include the Summit Leadership program, the Emerging Leaders program, the Women, Gender, & Leadership program, and the Dr. Ruth & Millard Harmon Student Leadership Conference.
Interested in getting involved with Campus Life?
We hire student workers at the end of each semester pending vacancies!
There are three types of student positions in the Campus Life office:
- Leadership & Event Coordinators: Provide assistance planning and coordinating Late Night events, Student Activities, Winterfest, Welcome Weekend and our various Leadership Programs.
- Graphic Designers: Design flyers and other print media in order to promote campus events and assists with staffing some Campus Life events.
- Get Involved Coordinator: Create and design weekly marketing publications, help input events on Get Involved and support the promotion of Campus Life events.
- Social Media Coordinator: Create content for our Facebook and Instagram platforms to promote and engage students in our Campus Life events.