Students working concurrently toward completion of two bachelor's degrees need to:
- Submit an Application for a Concurrent Second Degree.
- The second degree must be in a different department from the first. The two degrees must not be of the same type; for example, a B.A. and a B.S. would be appropriate, but two B.A. degrees would not, as the latter could be accomplished through the declaration of a second major.
- The student must complete at least 30 academic credit hours at SUNY Potsdam above those required for the first bachelor's degree, or a minimum of 150 academic credit hours total.
- The student must complete all major and cognate requirements for the second degree.
- Courses taken to complete General Education requirements in the first degree will apply to the second degree as appropriate. If the General Education requirements for the two degrees are different, requirements for both degrees must be satisfied.
- The degrees will be awarded simultaneously. Students must complete requirements for both degrees by the end of the semester the degrees will be awarded.
- All matriculated bachelor's level coursework take at SUNY Potsdam will appear on one transcript with a single cumulative grade point average.
- Students pursuing a B.A. degree must take at least 70 credit hours, B.S. degree students must take at least 65 credit hours, and B.F.A. degree students must take at least 60 credit hours of undergraduate work outside any one department or discipline.
- B.A. and B.F.A. degrees must contain a minimum of 90 credit hours of liberal arts courses. B.S. degrees must contain a minimum of 75 credit hours of liberal arts courses.
For questions regarding the process, requirements or application please contact Vicki Fredericks.