- A 2.0 grade point average is required to graduate with an undergraduate degree.
- A 3.0 grade point average is required to graduate with a graduate degree.
Please contact instructors with questions about course grades.
View directions to compute your Grade Point Average and Cumulative Grade Point Average (PDF). Note: there is also a GPA calculator in BearDeN.
Grade Change Policy
Grades submitted to the Registrar's Office are final. The only permissible reasons for changing grades are:
- to correct an error in recording computation;
- to remove a grade of "Incomplete";
- to reflect the judgement of a department acting in accordance with established college procedures concerning grade appeal.
Changes in grades already recorded in the Registrar's Office can be made only:
- by the instructor who awarded the grade;
- by the department chair in cases where the instructor is unable to do so (because of leave, resignation, etc.);
- by the department chair acting in accordance with established college procedures concerning grade appeal.
All grade changes for a given semester must be submitted by the end of the next regular Fall or Spring semester. Any grade changes submitted after the stated deadline require the additional approval of the dean of the appropriate school.